Technology is changing the life of people - with the Web, more and more people are incorporating their computers or smart phones into their lives. Along with doing banking and shopping online, people are even more adding to that list of things that can be done online.
Online bookstores started by revolutionizing the textbook industry. When once students troop to neighborhood bookstores and spending hundreds of dollars on new books, online bookstores are selling used books, renting them out for a semester, buying used ones and offering digital versions. But what they can contribute to a student and professor's life doesn't end here - they are now adding new technologies and services to make education even more convenient to all:
- Shopping and Comparing Prices just got simpler - With the vastness of the Web, shopping is not always easy online. But online bookstores are making shopping for books easier, and cheaper - with one site, one click, the bookstore will show you different options available for a student, whether buying new or used, renting or downloading an eBook. You can also instantly see the prices per option, making it easier for you to choose between options and prices. With the rising prices of everything, saving money is truly important.
- Trade in your used book - If you need a book but lack the cash to do so, online bookstores are offering book trades or swaps. Simply type in your used book's information and you will see an assessment of the value of your book - either in dollar amounts, or in points. This money or these points can then work towards you getting a new book, without even breaking the bank!
- Classes are also now Online - Let's face it, students nowadays spend a lot of time online, on social networks where they connect with their friends and family. This is the same idea behind online class pages - connecting the professor and students. On these pages, users can collaborate, share tips and discuss with each other.
- Write instead of Recite - Some professors can benefit from class forums to extend class discussions online - perfect for checking for students' understanding of class topics. Instead of homework, students can gain credit for participating in forums. This is also a perfect venue for students to talk to professors, ask questions or clarify lessons.
- Digital Hand-outs - In the past, professors printed out hand-outs or notes and even syllabus, which is not the greenest solution out there. With class pages, professors can upload all important class documents, from readings to notes, for students to view at home using their computers.
There is much to look forward to, as technology gets more and more integrated with human lives. In the area of education, specifically, classes can evolve in the future and make learning more fun for both professors and students.